Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bag Lady

the day before a big planned beach day i realized i didn't have a bag big enough to carry towels, a blanket, bathing suits, water shoes, extra diapers, extra clothes, snacks, and my wallet & phone.  i had a vision of myself holding molly in one arms, holding hands with elliott with my other, towels draped over my shoulder, my diaper bag draped over the other, a back-pack, and a couple of reusable grocery bags.  the thought was so overwhelming that i almost didn't want to go anymore.  then i remembered i had a bunch of extra khaki fabric, a sewing machine, basic sewing skills and a bunch of saved pinterest links to simple beach bag tutorials.


a couple hours, some cutting, inventing and machine-sewing later i had a beach bag that looked so oversized i thought, "oh no, that's way too huge, i'm going to look like the weirdo at the beach who can carry all of my stuff and my children in my bag."  then i packed it and wouldn't you know it, it was the absolute perfect size.  it fit every little thing i needed and room in the front pocket for a collection of shells to bring back home.  i'm pretty proud of it!


i even added my own tag ;)


my fabric was a little dull so i made my own piping and sewed it in all the seams.  i think it added something special, i'm proud of how it turned out.
go make one here: canvas beach bag with elle apparel.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I love that bag! I noticed it at the beach, and thought it was so cool!

    ReplyDelete